At RGO we believe our employees are the key to our success. Our employees take pride in their work and always strive to exceed our customer’s expectations. RGO offers a positive work environment, supporting our employees through:
- Open communication and the sharing of ideas
- Continuous learning opportunities
- Dynamic, collaborative work processes
- Fair, consistent and inclusive employment practices
- Flourishing Health and Safety Programs
In addition to a rewarding work experience, we offer compensation packages that include comprehensive benefits, performance based incentives and RRSP matching.
RGO Office Products Edmonton is seeking a Business Development Sales Associate, reporting to the Sales Manager. This position is a sales function that focuses on increasing the sales of office furnishings in combination with the New Business Development Manager. The Business Development Associate is an integral part of the initial account relationship with potential RGO clients through jointly managing a complete sales cycle from initial concept through to fulfillment and aiding in the overall sales strategy with the New Business Development Manager.
Management of the sales process in conjunction with the New Business Development Manager
- Qualifies leads into potential customers; does thorough needs analysis to understand client’s requirements for furniture products and services.
- Through planning and research activities, strategizes and implements activities to develop opportunities through the sales process.
- Works with Design, Project Management, and other RGO personnel in developing sales opportunities to ensure that the client expectations will be met or exceeded.
- Develops persuasive presentations to customers on RGO’s products and services – timely and in person, through written/graphic documentation and electronic means. Obtains feedback from clients to gauge understanding and agreeability to the solutions presented.
- Develops detailed, accurate, professional and timely quotations/proposals in conjunction with the internal RGO departments ensuring that the client’s needs are met with the solution presented.
- Responsible for the setting up of the sale so that it can be efficiently managed and administrated by the company and its personnel. Ensures alignment with client expectations and RGO’s abilities to fulfill these expectations.
- Accepts responsibility for the accuracy of specifications when entering orders themselves, and reviews specifications and applications for errors that may have been created by others (design for instance); provides complete, accurate orders and job jackets.
- Stays involved throughout the presale and sale implementation process to ensure that any bottlenecks or changes in scope are identified and resolved, so that both the customer and RGO’s needs and expectations are satisfied.
- In conjunction with the New Business Development Manager develops and maintains opportunities, contacts, and history of activities with these opportunities and contacts to ensure that RGO is effective in development of long term client relationships.
- Effective communications and liaisons with internal RGO staff and manufacturer partnerships in building a knowledge base and effective client communications.
- Requires teamwork with internal staff and departments.
Since errors or omissions have a serious impact on the company, employees and customers in terms of financial, personal or corporate perspective, accuracy is paramount. This role involves a high degree of multitasking including managing many quotations and orders in varying stages of the sales cycle. This is an office environment with the majority of time spent at a computer. The incumbent will be responsible to ensure that the company’s safety policy is adhered to regarding identification and prevention of unsafe working conditions both in the office and at off-site locations. Our target goal is zero LTI (lost time injuries).
The successful candidate will have at least three years of related experience. Applicants must have a positive optimistic approach to work, be self-motivated, action orientated and detail-focused, and be able to overcome obstacles to complete tasks. As well, they should have high level of computer skills in handling a CRM Software, MS Excel, MS Word, and the Hedberg business system. Analytical, selling, mathematical, communication and organizational skills are required. Post secondary educated is required, and a Bachelor Degree is preferred.
As an Edmonton-based market leader in the office environment industry, RGO Office Products Edmonton offers a comprehensive line of office furniture and is committed to meeting the unique challenge of each customer’s needs by providing superior services and value for the products we market.