RGO Office Furnishings in Edmonton is currently seeking a Designer/Space Planner to join our dynamic team. Under the general supervision of the Design Supervisor, the Designer collaborates with RGO’s sales team and clients to provide furniture layouts with accurate specifications.
RGO Office Furnishings in Edmonton is currently seeking a Receptionist/Office Coordinator to cover a maternity leave absence of one year. The role involves answering the telephone and greeting guests in our new showroom/office. It also requires coordinating various administrative responsibilities for the office which include managing our supplies inventories, various contracts that are in place, and providing some confidential assistance to the President. There is a possibility that the incumbent may be offered a permanent position with different responsibilities and duties at the end of the one-year term.
- Answer, direct and distribute incoming phone calls
- Receive, welcome, direct and handle visitors and guests to the appropriate department or individual
- Keep running daily log of staff leaving and returning to the building
- Open and distribute incoming mail
- Prepare outgoing mail
- Arrange for courier drop-offs, pick-ups, and related supplies
- Maintain the switchboard
- Daily kitchen upkeep, as well as supply ordering
- Order office supplies
- Make meeting room bookings when needed
- Update our internal phone directory as required
- Create correspondence as required
- Coordinate internal recognition program
- May assist in special promotions and functions (i.e. mailers, lunches, etc.)
- Coordinate travel arrangements for staff including rental cars when needed
- Supervise the ordering of office supplies.
- Order business cards and other printed materials on an as-needed basis.
- Manage internal recognition program (Kudos program and year end staff awards).
- Administer switchboard phone and programming.
- Enter cell phone billing information in Excel spreadsheets and distribute to appropriate sales reps for signatures.
- Pull monthly VISA reports from RBC site and distribute to employees.
- Reconcile company VISAs for President.
- Vacation tracking through coordination of vacation request forms.
- Manage incoming phone calls, messages, and mail for the President
- Coordinate expense reports for the President
Personal Assistant Role
- Manage President’s family group benefits plans by completing and submitting claims
- Must have exposure to office administration and reception duties and be willing and able to perform both aspects of the role.
- An innovative, “go-getter” approach. Willing and able to research issues independently and collaboratively with various departments.
- Ability to use good judgment to implement effective decisions.
- Excellent computer skills (Outlook, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet).
- Excellent phone mannerism with clear, articulate English skills.
- Very good organizational skills.
- Positive optimistic approach.
- Able to overcome obstacles and complete tasks.
- Capacity to learn new information and skills.
- Able to take control of challenging situations.
- Superior customer service skills.
- High School Diploma and/or a Post-Secondary Administrative Diploma.
- At least 5 years of reception and general office administrative experience.
- Experienced with and understand responsibility of handling confidential material.
RGO Office Furnishings is a complete supply and service dealership offering a comprehensive line of office furniture. As an Edmonton-based market leader in the office environment industry, RGO is committed to meeting the unique challenge of each customer’s needs by providing superior services and value for the products we market. We have been an active member of Edmonton’s community for over 16 years. We offer a full service approach to the furniture industry that focuses on the three tenets of our mission statement- Service, Knowledge, Products.
At RGO we believe our employees are the key to our success. Our employees take pride in their work and always strive to exceed our customer’s expectations. RGO offers a positive work environment, supporting our employees through:
- Open communication and the sharing of ideas
- Continuous learning opportunities
- Dynamic, collaborative work processes
- Fair, consistent and inclusive employment practices
- Flourishing Health and Safety Programs
In addition to a rewarding work experience, we offer compensation packages that include comprehensive benefits, performance based incentives and RRSP matching.
To apply for this position, please use the form found on the right side of this page or submit your resume and cover letter (Word or PDF format) to ue%25etb%[email protected]. RGO is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We appreciate the interest of all applicants, and those selected for an interview will be contacted.