RGO Office Furnishings in Edmonton is currently seeking a Designer/Space Planner to join our dynamic team. Under the general supervision of the Design Supervisor, the Designer collaborates with RGO’s sales team and clients to provide furniture layouts with accurate specifications.
- Provide furniture installation packages and reviewing drawings with Project Coordinators.
- Provide drawings and/or specifications, 3D renderings and other necessary documents for projects and tenders.
- Use AutoCAD, CET, Project Matrix, CAP, create sample/finish boards for presentations and reconfigurations and inventory when required.
- Meet with clients to discuss furniture requirements and perform site measures as required.
- Meet with designers and contractors during the definition stage to ensure solution will meet design criteria.
- Attend project meetings to review status of projects, coordinate and monitor the preparation of CET drawings.
- Assist sales reps with determining client project requirements and with the ordering process to ensure all the required information has been determined and approved.
- Review quotes prior to placing final order for furniture and work with Project Coordinators to transfer all required and approved project information.
- During installation, work with the Project Coordinators to ensure the project is properly implemented.
- Provide installation packages that include CET drawings, spec sheets and finishes.
- Experience with and excellent skills using AutoCAD, Revit, or related design software.
- Technical diploma in Architecture or Interior Design, or 2-4 years of related experience.
- Experience with space planning and architectural wall products is an asset.
- A combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Training in CET will be provided by RGO (Incumbents must be able to travel to the USA to participate in the training.)
- A commitment to ongoing education and career development is essential.
- The ideal candidate must have a positive optimistic approach, is self-motivated, action-oriented, able to overcome obstacles, able to complete tasks with the capacity to learn new information and skills.
- Applicant must possesses excellent customer service, analytical, organizational and technical skills. Is detail and process-oriented, can read architectural drawings well, actively and enthusiastically participate in client meetings.
RGO Office Furnishings is a complete supply and service dealership offering a comprehensive line of office furniture. As an Edmonton-based market leader in the office environment industry, RGO is committed to meeting the unique challenge of each customer’s needs by providing superior services and value for the products we market. We have been an active member of Edmonton’s community for over 16 years. We offer a full service approach to the furniture industry that focuses on the three tenets of our mission statement- Service, Knowledge, Products.
At RGO we believe our employees are the key to our success. Our employees take pride in their work and always strive to exceed our customer’s expectations. RGO offers a positive work environment, supporting our employees through:
- Open communication and the sharing of ideas
- Continuous learning opportunities
- Dynamic, collaborative work processes
- Fair, consistent and inclusive employment practices
- Flourishing Health and Safety Programs
In addition to a rewarding work experience, we offer compensation packages that include comprehensive benefits, performance based incentives and RRSP matching.
To apply for this position, please use the form found on the right side of this page or submit your resume and cover letter (Word or PDF format) to ue%25etb%[email protected]. RGO is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We appreciate the interest of all applicants, and those selected for an interview will be contacted.