RGO Office Furnishing is currently hiring Furniture Installers. The Furniture Installer is responsible for tasks related to the installation of office furniture, both within the warehouse and onsite at our customers’ locations.
Wage: $15-$19/hour based on experience + performance based bonuses
- Delivery of product and staging at multiple client sites in and around the city of Edmonton
- Assemble office chairs, keyboard trays, monitor arms, replace surfaces, ad components to workstations
- Complete furniture assembly/installation as per specifications to meet customer satisfaction
- Once assembled, inspected furniture for proper operation according to manufacturer’s guidelines
- Install all types of free-standing furniture, panel and modular systems to include placement, leveling and wipe-down
- Participate in moving and reconfiguring used/existing office furniture
- Must have a professional demeanor for client interaction
- Maintain all assigned tools and equipment
- Mark defective parts and products for repair and make minor adjustments and repairs
- Follow plans and blueprints. Interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Exercise due care and attention to ensure low damage incidents and to install to customer’s satisfaction
- Apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
- Responsible for the retrieval and counting of all company equipment used during the installation process
- Attend pre-install meetings as required to review the scope of work before going to the client site
- Assist in loading and unloading trucks at the warehouse and on customer site
- Remove garbage from site, vacuum, dust and/or clean furniture, load and unload dollies and carts from trucks and warehouse
- At times will bring garbage and cardboard to the proper disposal sites
- Follow company dress code and wear proper PPE on all job sites where required
- 2 years of Steelcase furniture Installations experience is an asset
- Knowledge of other RGO product lines is an asset
- Intermediate to Advanced experience with power tools
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills and a team player attitude
- Act as a professional both in the office and at customer sites
- Organizational skills with attention to detail
- Ability to learn how to read architectural drawings that include floor plans and elevations
- Be able to safely lift up to 100/lbs
- Be able to pass the Pre-Employment Health Assessment
- Ability to obtain an RCMP security clearance
- Must provide own 6” grade 1 CSA approved steel toed boots
- Class 5 Driver’s License, provide a clean Drivers Abstract and pass an AMA Driver evaluation assessment
RGO Office Products Edmonton’s goal is to inspire, envision and plan office furnishings solutions that enhance your work environment. RGO is the largest office furniture dealer in Alberta and has a number of exclusive partnerships including one with the global leader in the commercial furniture industry. For over 20 years, our team prides itself on our ability to deliver outstanding customer service and first class customer experiences as a result of our people and processes.
At RGO, we believe our employees are the key to our success. If you are a high energy, team-oriented, flexible, adaptable, organized and fun individual that takes pride in your work and will always strive to exceed our customers’ expectations, we want you!
RGO offers a positive work environment, supporting our employees through
- Open communication and the sharing of ideas
- Continuous learning opportunities
- Dynamic, collaborative work processes
- Fair, consistent and inclusive employment practices
- Competitive compensation packages that include comprehensive and flexible benefits
If you are seeking an exciting challenge and meet or exceed our qualification requirements, please submit your resume to email@example.com. We appreciate the interest of all applicants and will contact qualified candidates.