RGO Office Furnishings is committed to a safety program that protects its staff, its property and the public from accidents.
We have an expectation in all safety and health matters, not only between supervisor and employee, but also between each employee and his or her co-workers.
Our objective is a Safety and Health Program that will reduce the number of injuries and illnesses to an absolute minimum that surpasses the best experience of operations similar to ours.
As our industry expands into areas that are more complex, we recognize the need to make safety part of our culture. Our response has been to earn the Certificate of Recognition (COR). We have maintained our certification since 2003. We continue to identify safety as a key value and are committed to it.
Our Safety and Health Program involves:
- The necessary tools and protection needed to operate in a safe manner.
- Training all employees in understanding what safety is and to train in good safety and health practices.
- Perform Field Level Risk Assessments at all job sites to ensure our environment is a safe one to in which to work.
- Incident reporting and investigation to prevent a similar case form happening again.
- Developing and enforcing safety and health rules.
- Requiring that employees cooperate with these rules as a condition of employment.
The responsibilities for safety and health are shared by:
- RGO who accepts the responsibility for leadership of the safety and health program, for its effectiveness and improvement, and for providing the safeguards required to ensure safe conditions.
- The supervisor who will display a positive attitude towards safety and ensure that his/her teams respect the rules and policies of RGO’s Safety and Health Policy.
- The employee now will adhere to all aspects of the Safety and Health Policy, not only for their own safety, but also for those who work around their environment.
- The safety information in this policy does not take precedence over applicable government regulations, with which all employees should be familiar.