Position Type: Permanent, Full-Time (5 days per week) or Part-Time (4 days per week)
Location: Edmonton, AB
RGO has a new opportunity in the Edmonton location for a Human Resources Generalist to join our Shared Services team. Reporting to the Vice President, Human Resources & Corporate Services, this position will be responsible for providing support and guidance to managers and employees on a range of human resource functions for the Edmonton office.
The successful candidate will be the primary HR resource for the RGO Edmonton location. Occasional travel to Calgary will be required.
- Manage the full-cycle recruitment process, creating job descriptions, posting jobs on various recruitment platforms, developing candidate selection criteria, pre-screening, conducting interviews with hiring manager, reference checks, and security checks.
- Coordinate and attend post-secondary job/career fairs.
- Facilitate a positive and engaging onboarding and orientation experience for new employees and coordinate relevant training.
- Facilitate and/or deliver internal training programs as required.
- Help coordinate annual program activities (ex. Performance management) to ensure programs are executed in a comprehensive and timely manner.
- Conduct exit interviews when required.
- Monitor pre-employment health assessment process and any other security clearances that are required.
- Provide employee relations advice within the guidelines of RGO’s corporate policies and any other applicable legislations.
- Provide HR support in areas of employee relations and engagement; talent development; conflict resolution, workplace investigations, mediation and team building; discipline and performance management.
- Draft progressive disciplinary letters for managers, working with them to ensure that they accurately reflect the circumstances and assist with policy development as required.
- Support implementation of HR strategic initiatives, programs and goals.
- Maintain proper documentation of employee records.
- Provide remote HR coverage for the Calgary team.
- Champion RGO’s cultural values: Here to Serve, Attitude of Fun, Spirit of a Winner, The RGO Way.
- Diploma or Degree in Business or Human Resources or related discipline.
- A minimum of 5 years of related HR experience.
- A passion for people and organizational development.
- Comprehensive knowledge of applicable human resource legislation, policies and practices including Employment Standards Code for Alberta.
- Strong business writing, oral communication skills, experience presenting and facilitating to groups.
- Excellent attention to detail, organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple projects within established deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong ethics, tact, diplomacy, confidentiality, and good judgement when dealing with information pertaining to candidates, employees and the company.
- Initiative, ability to think critically and act logically in evaluating situations and generating required steps to ensure success.
- Positive, go-getter, hands-on attitude with a customer service approach.
- Ability to create positive relationships, establish rapport and work effectively with all levels.
- Agile and adaptive with a focus on delivery of results.
- Ability to work independently with a remote HR team setting.
- High proficiency with all Microsoft Office suite.
- Experience working in SharePoint and MS Teams is an asset.
- Proof of full immunization against COVID-19 is required upon hire.
Our People: Our people are our most valuable asset. At RGO we drive a high-performance culture through open communication and the sharing of ideas, continuous learning and development opportunities, awards and recognition programs, and dynamic, collaborative work processes.
Our Values: At our core we strive to incorporate our values into everything that we do. We stand by our core values, and they drive our big business decisions and corporate culture. Staying true to our values has enabled RGO to be Great Place to Work certified, Best Workplaces in Alberta, Best Workplaces for Mental Wellness, Best Workplaces for Giving Back, Best Workplaces Managed by Women and win Canada’s Best Managed Companies award since 2006.
Our Employee Experience: Providing an amazing customer experience is at the heart of what we do. We believe in order to execute on an amazing customer experience the formula for success is to first deliver a great employee experience. RGO invests in the employee experience through an active social committee that organizes fun events for RGO team members and their families throughout the year, fitness facility, education reimbursement program, RRSP matching, RGO Wellness program, comprehensive benefit program, and supporting employees and their families through RGO’s EFAP.
Our Safety Culture: Safely go, the RGO way, it’s not just our safety slogan, its ingrained in our culture. As a COR certified company, we strive to maintain an industry leading safety program that protects our employees, other parties where our operations are carried out and the general public from harm, and promotes the physical, psychological and social well-being of our staff.
If you are seeking an exciting challenge and meet or exceed our qualification requirements, please submit your resume to email@example.com.