RGO Office Products Edmonton is seeking an experienced Account Manager to join our busy Sales team. Reporting to the Sales & Marketing Manager, the Account Manager is responsible for overall client satisfaction, maintaining and developing relationships with internal and external customers, while achieving sales volume, margin percent and business development objectives. The overall expectation is to add value to RGO by providing solutions to RGO’s clients.
- Networks extensively for leads (business groups and contacts, real estate brokers and developers, local community organizations, industry organizations, etc.)
- Researches for leads in business journals, newspapers, industry periodicals and publications, internet, etc.
- Develops and implements a territory coverage strategy to identify business activities that may become selling opportunities for RGO products or services.
- Identification and development of additional business opportunities within RGO’s client base.
- Cold calls potential clients in person or by telephone or combination
- Participates in dealership lead generation programs such as telemarketing, open houses, events, etc.; follows up diligently on leads created and leads provided by the company
Selling and Sales Process
- Qualifies leads into potential customers by conducting a thorough needs analysis to understand client’s requirements for furniture products and services
- Through planning and research activities, strategizes and implements activities to develop opportunities through the sales process
- Works with Design, Project Management, and other RGO departments in developing sales opportunities to ensure that the client expectations will be met or exceeded.
- Develops persuasive presentations to customers on RGO’s products and services in conjunction with the Sales Administrator.
- Develops detailed, accurate, and professional quotations/proposals/tenders in conjunction with the internal RGO departments ensuring that the client’s needs are met with the solution presented.
- Completes credit checks and manages the opportunity in conjunction to the credit worthiness of the client.
- Is responsible for the setting up of the sale so that it can be efficiently managed and administrated by the Sales Associate. Ensures alignment with client expectations and RGO’s abilities to fulfill these expectations.
- Accepts responsibility for the accuracy of specifications when entering orders themselves, and reviews specifications for obvious errors that may have been created by others; provides complete, accurate orders and job jackets
- Stays involved throughout the presale and sale implementation process to ensure that any bottlenecks or changes in scope are identified, and resolved so that both the customer and RGO’s needs and expectations are satisfied.
- Responds in a timely manner to customer’s inquiries, requests for information and/or quotations, concerns, etc.
- Effectively communicates and liaises with internal RGO staff to ensure that the clients and/or prospects receive an outstanding customer experience in all dealings with RGO
- Builds and maintains professional, long term relationships with RGO clients. Provides frequent and regular follow-up contact with customers regarding after sale services and information including customer satisfaction.
- Conducts a professional cooperative interface with the customer, the customer’s employees, and the customer’s third-party consultants/subcontractors.
- Develops and maintains opportunities, contacts, and history of activities with these opportunities and contacts to ensure that RGO is effective in the development of long term client relationships.
- Develops and implements business and action plans to achieve goals and objectives.
- Works collaboratively with other roles and departments.
Educational, Skills and Background requirements:
- 3+ years related experience
- Post-Secondary in a related field, an asset
- Positive optimistic approach, self-motivated, action and detail orientated
- Intermediate computer skills (MS Excel, MS Word, Outlook, and use of an in-house business system)
- High degree of multitasking is required, managing many requests for quotations and orders in varying stages of completion.
- Selling, relationship building, communication and organizational skills are required