RGO Office Products Edmonton currently has an exciting opportunity for a New Business Development Manager to join the Sales team. Reporting to the Sales & Marketing Manager, this position involves extensive research and networking to identify and land new business leads for RGO. Key responsibilities include generating new sales volumes, account development in dormant RGO accounts, and competitive account penetration. The Business Development Manager qualifies potential leads into prospect customers through detailed analysis of customer requirements. The Business Development Manager is responsible for the preliminary relationship and ensures a smooth transition upon successfully initiating sales process and transferring to other RGO Sales staff.
Ownership of Selling Process
Lead Sourcing & Generation
- Networking with key industry influencers, such as; real estate, project managers, general contractors and the design community
- Conducting cold calls/research on new construction and qualify potential clientele moving, expanding, or refreshing their workspace.
- Network extensively for leads through business groups, and develop relationships with key influencers such as corporate real estate brokers and property managers.
- Develop Lead Sources from both professional and personal means
- Knowledge expert on new buildings and developments throughout Northern Alberta
- Attend and network at tradeshows for any industries.
- Research the clients’ core business to completely understand the client and market factors that impact their business.
- Execute persuasive presentations to clients on product and service offerings in person, through written/graphic documentation, and electronic means.
- Utilize manufacturer support in presenting relevant research and trends to clients.
- Strive to develop RGO’s brand as a solution to client needs.
- Find, qualify and transition opportunities to the account managers
- Conduct presentations and showroom tours
- Consult with all internal stakeholders on the win strategy
- Liaise with Sales staff and other departments as required to ensure all business needs relevant to the sales are met.
- Maintain all customer interactions, meetings, tours and selling opportunities in RGO’s customer relationship manager, SugarCRM
- Develop, review, and report on the business development activities.
- Increase the profitability of the company through generating new business.
- Formulate marketing strategies and collaborate with RGO Marketing staff to develop outbound literature for business development promotions.
- Post-secondary education, with 5+ years experience in a business to business sales environment (preferably in a related industry)
- The successful candidate must have a proven track record of success
- Demonstrated experience in analytical, strategic, and consultative selling skills with excellent presentation, communication and customer follow up skills
- Proficiency in computer skills, including Word, Excel and Outlook
- A valid driver’s license and maintain own transportation for business use
- The willingness to contribute to our team environment as a valuable and effective member
At RGO, we believe our employees are the key to our success. If you are a high energy, team-oriented, flexible, adaptable, organized and fun individual that takes pride in your work and will always strive to exceed our customers’ expectations, we want you!
RGO offers a positive work environment, supporting our employees through:
- Open communication and the sharing of ideas
- Continuous learning opportunities
- Dynamic, collaborative work processes
- Fair, consistent and inclusive employment practices
- Competitive compensation packages that include comprehensive and flexible benefits
If you are seeking an exciting challenge and meet or exceed our qualification requirements, please submit your resume to email@example.com . We appreciate the interest of all applicants and will contact qualified candidates.