RGO Office Products Edmonton Ltd. is currently seeking a Commercial Sales Representative/ Project Manager to join our Window Coverings team. This role is fully responsible for commercial sales and the project coordination of window coverings from initial contact with the customer through to and including managing deficiencies and invoicing after installation. This position has accountability for achieving specific sales objectives as well as overall accountability for the project coordination and complete customer satisfaction of the entire project. This role is directly responsible for all duties from initial meeting with the client through to ordering the product plus resolution of all deficiencies for the one-year warranty period after installation, and indirectly responsible for all other stages of the coordination of the project.
Client Identification and Acquisition
- Find business, follow leads, make sales calls and keep in contact with existing customers. Meet with customer to clarify and understand their needs, show samples and recommend product.
- Analyze customer’s requirements, create layouts and recommend products.
- Generate proposals and pricing for potential projects.
Customer Service/Follow Through
- Visit client sites and maintain continuous contact with customers throughout the project to maintain the business relationship and resolve problems.
- Measure windows at site and transfer data to order form.
- Complete take-off (transfer of actual data or architectural drawings to sales document) to budget pricing and final pricing.
- Coordinate and ensure that complete shop drawings are submitted as required.
- Follow up on service work completion and warranty documentation.
- Within the first year after installation of product, follow up to ensure that deficiencies are corrected to the satisfaction of the customer, including repairs, re-order of product and re-schedule of installation, per the service agreement.
- For tender requests the process includes completing all necessary paperwork.
- Liaise with suppliers to order samples, request pricing to finalize quotes, write up orders and submit to suppliers.
- Develop or modify product specifications in accordance with manufacturer’s criteria.
- Prepare quotes.
- Set up and input order into Hedberg.
- Check and confirm accuracy of work performed by Commercial Project Coordinator.
- Maintain accurate and current records of contracts.
- Communicate with Installations Scheduler and Coordinator, including completion of Installer’s Package, to schedule and confirm installation of product.
- Approve orders for invoicing upon completion of projects.
- High school graduation is required; post-secondary education in Business or Sales is an asset.
- Must have at least 1-3 years of experience in a professional office or sales environment.
- Must be able to read and understand architectural drawings.
- Knowledge of window coverings products is essential.
- Must be able to site measure.
- Strong communication skills and excellent interpersonal skills. Positive, optimistic approach.
- Superior customer service focus and detail orientated.
- Willing to learn about new product regularly.
- Willing and able to work independently at customers’ locations.
- Must be proficient with office software such as Word and Excel, and willing to learn proprietary software programs.
- Construction knowledge or experience is an asset.
- Must have a valid Alberta Driver’s License, reliable transportation and auto insurance and be willing to use personal vehicle for business.
At RGO, we believe our employees are the key to our success. If you are a high energy, team-oriented, flexible, adaptable, organized and fun individual that takes pride in your work and will always strive to exceed our customers’ expectations, we want you!
Our People: Our people are our most valuable asset. At RGO we drive a high-performance culture through open communication and the sharing of ideas, continuous learning and development opportunities, awards and recognition programs, and dynamic, collaborative work processes.
Our Values: At our core we strive to incorporate our values into everything that we do. We stand by our core values and they drive our big business decisions and corporate culture. Staying true to our values has enabled RGO to be Great Place to Work Certified and win Canada’s Best Managed Companies award since 2006.
Our Employee Experience: Providing an amazing customer experience is at the heart of what we do. We believe in order to execute on an amazing customer experience the formula for success is to first deliver a great employee experience.
Our Safety Culture: Safely go, the RGO way, it’s not just our safety slogan, its ingrained in our culture. As a COR certified company, we strive to maintain an industry leading safety program that protects our employees, other parties where our operations are carried out and the general public from harm, and promotes the physical, psychological and social well-being of our staff.
If you are seeking an exciting challenge and meet or exceed our qualification requirements, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org