Position Type: Full-Time, Permanent
RGO Office Products Edmonton Ltd. is currently seeking a Designer to join our team. The Designer’s primary function is to provide accurate, functional, and creative solutions and work as part of a collaborative team to exceed RGO’s client expectations.
- Participate in RFP/Tender development in coordination with the Sales and Operations departments
- Assist with conceptualization of functional space requirements and creation of visuals and specifications
- Installation drawing support
- Assist customer with finish and material selection Finish Selection
- Live Design
- Have an in-depth understanding key trends and important issues in the market; apply this knowledge to the sale process
- Work with Account Manager and Sales Associate to prepare Hedberg quotations
- Participate in various meetings to add value including: Sales and Design department meetings, DSR meetings, and client meetings
- Develop working relationships with customers and design firms
- Create and present color/ finish boards, presentation drawings, high level 3-D renderings, modifying drawings live during customer meetings, when possible, highlighting RGO’s distinguishable differences
- Conduct site verifications and measurements as required
- Maintain accurate and up to date customer drawings/files
- Participate in on-going training opportunities with Steelcase and other vendors
- Conduct post installation walk-though of site to assist in identifying deficiencies for the PIA process
- Technical diploma in Architecture or Interior Design
- 2 Years experience using CET, an asset
- 2 years experience in furniture, an asset
- Excellent customer service, analytical, organizational, and technical skills.
- Detail and process oriented
- Willing to participate in client meetings actively and enthusiastically
- Exceptional Microsoft Office Suite and computer skills are required
- Ability to learn new programs with minimal training
- Training in CET basic and Advanced as well as Steelcase BPM will be provided by RGO (Incumbents must be able to travel to the USA to participate in the training)
- Able to read architectural drawings and specifications well
- Requires a valid Alberta Class 5 driver’s licence. May drive company vehicles upon completion of required driver training, however the availability of and willingness to use a personal vehicle to drive to offsite meetings is an asset. (Mileage paid by RGO)
At RGO, we believe our employees are the key to our success. If you are a high energy, team-oriented, flexible, adaptable, organized and fun individual that takes pride in your work and will always strive to exceed our customers’ expectations, we want you!
Our People: Our people are our most valuable asset. At RGO we drive a high-performance culture through open communication and the sharing of ideas, continuous learning and development opportunities, awards and recognition programs, and dynamic, collaborative work processes.
Our Values: At our core we strive to incorporate our values into everything that we do. We stand by our core values and they drive our big business decisions and corporate culture. Staying true to our values has enabled RGO to be Great Place to Work Certified and win Canada’s Best Managed Companies award since 2006.
Our Employee Experience: Providing an amazing customer experience is at the heart of what we do. We believe in order to execute on an amazing customer experience the formula for success is to first deliver a great employee experience. RGO invests in the employee experience through an active social committee that organizes fun events for RGO team members and their families throughout the year, education reimbursement program, RGO Wellness program, comprehensive benefit program, and supporting employees and their families through RGO’s EFAP.
Our Safety Culture: Safely go, the RGO way, it’s not just our safety slogan, its ingrained in our culture. As a COR certified company, we strive to maintain an industry leading safety program that protects our employees, other parties where our operations are carried out and the general public from harm, and promotes the physical, psychological and social well-being of our staff.
If you are seeking an exciting challenge and meet or exceed our qualification requirements, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org