RGO Office Products Edmonton Ltd. is currently seeking a Designer to join their team. This position is of a full time/temporary duration (approx. 12 months) with the possibility to become full time. Designer will provide accurate, functional and creative solutions and work as a part of a collaborative team to exceed RGO’s client expectations. This role will be mentored by intermediate and/or senior designers.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Assist with conceptualization of functional space requirements and creation of visuals and specifications
- Assist customer with finish and material selection Finish Selection
- Live Design
- Actively participate in the RFP/Tender process
- Review tender documents
- Recommend product mix and application
- Tender drawings
- Post Sales introduction, meet with clients to determine their needs
- Develop working relationships with customers and design firms
- Create working drawings and renderings, including specified details and finishes, that accurately reflect the needs and desires of the customer
- Include recommendations appropriate to customer’s budget and needs.
- Develop and maintain design standards with key customers
- Complete electrical placement recommendations plan, as required
- Provide all available order specific details including product specifications
- Fully detailed as to: Finishes, Power & Data requirements, dimension
- Develop and present color/finish board and selection
- Have a clear understanding of client contract & cooperative purchasing agreements utilized.
- Select appropriate solutions to meet client needs and support the dealer
- Create presentation drawings and furniture plan layouts, including callouts to highlight applications and insights, where applicable
- Submit and oversee furniture specials
- Conduct inventories of existing product and produce as-built drawings/specifications
- Complete high-level 3D renders for project
- Have an in-depth understanding key trends and important issues in the market; apply this knowledge to the sale process
- Work with Account Manager and Sales Associate to prepare Hedberg quotations
- Conduct site verifications and measurements as required
- Maintain accurate and up to date customer drawings/files
- Provide accurate and detailed installation drawings
- Participate in pre-install meetings with PC and Installers
- Conduct post installation walk-though of site to assist in identifying deficiencies for the PIA process
- Complete internally tracker daily
- Organize work tasks and meetings in Outlook
- Participate in bi-weekly Design L10 and Sales L10 when required
- Utilize CET/Direct Link/SIF to produce quotes in Hedberg
- Ensure accuracy of quote produced as compared to CET BOM
- Report issues by contacting the Hedberg/CET/Steelcase support lines
- Be responsible that the spec is complete in SmartTools and Hedberg
- Participate in on-going training opportunities with Steelcase and other vendors as required
- Look for process improvement opportunities
Education, Skills and Abilities
- Positive optimistic approach, self-motivated, action-oriented, able to overcome obstacles, able to complete tasks with the capacity to learn new information and skills.
- Self-motivated and action orientated
- Takes personal responsibility for actions
- Excellent customer service, analytical, organizational and technical skills.
- Detail and process oriented.
- Exceptional Microsoft Office Suite and computer skills are required
- Able to read architectural drawings and specifications well.
- Requires a valid Alberta Class 5 driver’s license. May drive company vehicles upon completion of required driver training, however the availability of and willingness to use a personal vehicle to drive to offsite meetings is an asset. (Mileage paid by RGO.)
- Technical diploma in Architecture or Interior Design.
- 2 Years’ experience using CET
- 2 years’ experience in furniture, an asset.
At RGO, we believe our employees are the key to our success. If you are a high energy, team-oriented, flexible, adaptable, organized and fun individual that takes pride in your work and will always strive to exceed our customers’ expectations, we want you!
Our people: Our people are our most valuable asset. At RGO we drive a high-performance culture through open communication and the sharing of ideas, continuous learning and development opportunities, awards and recognition programs, and dynamic, collaborative work processes.
Our values: At our core we strive to incorporate our values into everything that we do. We stand by our core values and they drive our big business decisions and corporate culture. Staying true to our values has enabled RGO to win Canada’s Best Managed Companies award since 2006.
Our employee experience: Providing an amazing customer experience is at the heart of what we do. We believe in order to execute on an amazing customer experience the formula for success is to first deliver a great employee experience. RGO invests in the employee experience through an active social committee that organizes fun events for RGO team members and their families throughout the year, fitness subsidy, education reimbursement program, RGO Wellness program, comprehensive benefit program, and supporting employees and their families through RGO’s EFAP.
Our safety culture: Safely go, the RGO way, it’s not just our safety slogan, its ingrained in our culture. As a COR certified company, we strive to maintain an industry leading safety program that protects our employees, other parties where our operations are carried out and the general public from harm, and promotes the physical, psychological and social well-being of our staff.