RGO Office Products Edmonton currently has an exciting opportunity for an Estimator/Project Coordinator to join our busy Architectural Solutions team. Working collaboratively with a variety of stakeholders, the Estimator/Project Coordinator’s primary function is to assist, coordinate, and collaborate with sales, design, and operations staff to deliver the successful and profitable installation, recon or, service of Architectural Products to our customers. This role’s primary accountabilities include gathering RFP’s, tenders, blueprints, specifications and related documents and prepare the appropriate written response for submittal to the General Contractor or Customer within the deadline specified.
- Assist in the initial planning and scheduling of projects through preparation of schedules, ordering of materials, invoicing etc.
- Have a clear understanding of the scope of work to bid
- Identify labour, materials, and time requirements by studying proposals, blueprints, specifications and related documents.
- Prepare work to be estimated by gathering proposals, blueprints, specifications and related documents.
- Visit sites and other venues to gather essential information
- Prepare cost analysis to present to the team I order to develop pricing plans
- Review and evaluate cost estimates
- Prepare detailed reports or bids for submission to appropriate parties
- Ensure timely completion of estimates for submission to General Contractors
- Develop relationships with General Contractors, clients and subcontractor suppliers
- Ensure all docket information is accurate for review with lead hand/installers
- Print delivery tickets
- Include all necessary floor plan drawings
- Ensure crewing schedule will meet deadlines agree to with customer
- Include all change orders that occurred prior to or during installation
- Use internal systems as they relate to tracking orders, delivery dates, scheduling and def item tracking.
- Assist lead hand as required. Conduct site visits as required and communicate any issues back to the installation supervisor regarding work progress, housekeeping, safety and staff conduct
- At the end of every installation, the job jacket is to be returned to the project coordinator for a review and sign off.
- Review and confirm accuracy and completeness of the job and the PIA with the Sales Person and the lead hand responsible.
- Follow up on deficiencies with customer service and creation of new job jacket.
- For all medium to large jobs, conduct a post install review to confirm success and review opportunities for improvement in the future.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Ability to read and Plans and specifications
- Previous Commercial Interior Construction experience
- Thorough knowledge of and skill in computer applications, in particular MS Office
- Detail oriented, self-motivated and action oriented
- In-depth understating of the wall industry
- Excellent organization and communication skills, with ability to effectively convey ideas and thoughts both orally and in writing
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, problem solve.
- Team player attitude
- Valid class 5 driver’s license and clean drivers abstract
- Construction Engineering Technology or skill trade (ISM)
- 2 years of experience in Commercial Interior Estimating
- 3 years of experience in the Construction industry
At RGO, we believe our employees are the key to our success. If you are a high energy, team-oriented, flexible, adaptable, organized and fun individual that takes pride in your work and will always strive to exceed our customers’ expectations, we want you!
RGO offers a positive work environment, supporting our employees through:
- Open communication and the sharing of ideas
- Continuous learning opportunities
- Dynamic, collaborative work processes
- Fair, consistent and inclusive employment practices
- Competitive compensation packages that include comprehensive and flexible benefits
If you know of someone seeking an exciting challenge and meet or exceed our qualification requirements, please submit your/their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Monday, April 8th, 2019. This position is eligible for the Employee Referral Program (see attached).
We appreciate the interest of all applicants and will only contact qualified candidates.