RGO Office Products Edmonton is seeking a Furniture Installer to join our team. Reporting to the Installations Supervisor, the Furniture Installer is responsible for tasks related to the installation of office furniture, both within the warehouse and onsite at our customers’ locations. Responsible to complete all tasks directed by the Lead Installer, Acting Lead Installer, and Installations Supervisor.
- Delivery of product and staging at multiple client sites in and around the city of Edmonton
- Assemble office chairs, keyboard trays, monitor arms, replace surfaces, ad components to workstations
- Completes furniture assembly/installation as per specifications to meet customer satisfaction
- Once assembled, inspected furniture for proper operation according to manufacturer’s guidelines
- Installs all types of free-standing furniture, panel and modular systems to include placement, leveling and wipe-down
- Participate in moving and reconfiguring used/existing office furniture
- Must have a professional demeanor for client interaction
- Maintaining all assigned tools and equipment. This includes cellular phones and any specialty tools required for the project
- Mark defective parts and products for repair and make minor adjustments and repairs
- Follow plans and blueprints. Interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Exercise due care and attention to ensure low damage incidents and to install to customer’s satisfaction
- Applies common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
- Responsible for the retrieval and counting of all company equipment used during the installation process
- Responsible for understanding the scope of the day’s work assignments before leaving for the customer’s location
- Assist in loading and unloading trucks at the warehouse and on customer site
- Remove garbage from site, vacuum, dust and/or clean furniture, load and unload dollies and carts from trucks and warehouse
- At times will bring garbage and cardboard to the proper disposal sites
- Follow company dress code and wear proper PPE on all job sites where required
- 2 years of Steelcase furniture Installations experience is an asset
- Knowledge of other RGO product lines is an asset
- Ability to obtain an RCMP security clearance
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills and a team player attitude
- Demonstrates acting as a professional both in the office and at customer sites
- Organizational skills with attention to detail
- Intermediate to Advanced experience with power tools
- Ability to learn how to read architectural drawings that include floor plans and elevations
- Be able to safely lift up to 100/lbs
- Be able to pass the Health Assessment
- Must provide own 6” grade 1 CSA approved steel toed boots
- Class 5 Driver’s License, provide a clean Drivers Abstract and pass an AMA Driver evaluation assessment
At RGO we believe our employees are the key to our success. If you are a high energy, organized individual that takes pride in your work and will always strive to exceed our customer’s expectations, we want you!
RGO offers a positive work environment, supporting our employees through:
- Open communication and the sharing of ideas.
- Continuous learning opportunities.
- Dynamic, collaborative work processes.
- Fair, consistent and inclusive employment practices.
- COR Certified Health and Safety Programs.
- Competitive compensation packages that include comprehensive, flexible benefits and performance based incentives.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your resume to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. We appreciate the interest of all applicants, and those selected for an interview will be contacted.