RGO Office Products Edmonton is currently recruiting for the position of casual Furniture Installer. Reporting to the Installations Supervisor, the Furniture Installer is responsible for tasks related to the installation of office furniture, both within the warehouse and onsite at our customers’ locations. Responsible to complete all tasks directed by the Lead Installer, Acting Lead Installer, and Installations Supervisor.
- Delivery of product and staging at multiple client sites in and around the city of Edmonton
- Assemble office chairs, keyboard trays, monitor arms, replace surfaces, ad components to workstations
- Completes furniture assembly/installation as per specifications to meet customer satisfaction
- Once assembled, inspected furniture for proper operation according to manufacturer’s guidelines
- Installs all types of free-standing furniture, panel and modular systems to include placement, leveling and wipe-down
- Participate in moving and reconfiguring used/existing office furniture
- Must have a professional demeanor for client interaction
- Maintaining all assigned tools and equipment. This includes cellular phones and any specialty tools required for the project
- Mark defective parts and products for repair and make minor adjustments and repairs
- Follow plans and blueprints. Interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Exercise due care and attention to ensure low damage incidents and to install to customer’s satisfaction
- Applies common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
- Responsible for the retrieval and counting of all company equipment used during the installation process
- Responsible for understanding the scope of the day’s work assignments before leaving for the customer’s location
- Assist in loading and unloading trucks at the warehouse and on customer site
- Remove garbage from site, vacuum, dust and/or clean furniture, load and unload dollies and carts from trucks and warehouse
- At times will bring garbage and cardboard to the proper disposal sites
- Follow company dress code and wear proper PPE on all job sites where required
- Minimum 2 years of Steelcase furniture installations experience
- Knowledge of other RGO product lines is an asset
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working with new product, older product, recons and moves
- Demonstrated Leadership and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated acting as a professional both in the office and at customer sites
- Advanced organizational skills with attention to detail
- Able to read and follow drawings and blueprints
- Able to lift over 70/lbs. and pass the Physical Health Assessment
- Must provide own 6” grade 1 CSA approved steel toed boots
- Class 5 Drivers License is an asset
At RGO, we believe our employees are the key to our success. If you are a high energy, team-oriented, flexible, adaptable, organized and fun individual that takes pride in your work and will always strive to exceed our customers’ expectations, we want you!
Our People: Our people are our most valuable asset. At RGO we drive a high-performance culture through open communication and the sharing of ideas, continuous learning and development opportunities, awards and recognition programs, and dynamic, collaborative work processes.
Our Values: At our core we strive to incorporate our values into everything that we do. We stand by our core values and they drive our big business decisions and corporate culture. Staying true to our values has enabled RGO to win Canada’s Best Managed Companies award since 2006.
Our Employee Experience: Providing an amazing customer experience is at the heart of what we do. We believe in order to execute on an amazing customer experience the formula for success is to first deliver a great employee experience. RGO invests in the employee experience through an active social committee that organizes fun events for RGO team members and their families throughout the year, fitness subsidy, education reimbursement program, RGO Wellness program, comprehensive benefit program, and supporting employees and their families through RGO’s EFAP.
Our Safety Culture: Safely go, the RGO way, it’s not just our safety slogan, its ingrained in our culture. As a COR certified company, we strive to maintain an industry leading safety program that protects our employees, other parties where our operations are carried out and the general public from harm, and promotes the physical, psychological and social well-being of our staff.