RGO Office Products Edmonton is seeking an Operations Supervisor to join our team. Reporting to the Installation and Service Manager, the Operations Supervisor is responsible for ensuring all installation and project moves are completed on time, within budget, and to our highest standards. This role is responsible for all installation staff, equipment, and vehicles as well as providing appropriate leadership, coaching, and training to Lead Installers and the entire install team.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Attendance at preparatory meetings as required.
- Review of plans (including test measurements to confirm accuracy).
- Estimating manpower requirements.
- Work with Installation and Service Manager to determine manpower assignments.
- Identifying special needs (i.e. tools, elevator bookings, dollies and carts, talk to electrician and communication people, book loading docks).
- Maintain after-hours shift rotation for evening and weekend installation needs.
- Interacting with client re: concerns and needs.
- On site decision making to ensure that the project is completed on time and in a satisfactory manner.
- Coordinate equipment for required projects, if required.
- Oversee equipment and vehicles maintenance programs.
- Health & Safety – be an active promoter, and follow all H & S Initiatives.
- Ensures that all personnel are adequately trained to perform the tasks assigned and provides such training as to maximize the utility of the manpower.
- Organizes hands-on training sessions for new product and/or development purposes.
- Creates a succession plan for assemblers, installers and level 2 installers to become lead installers and to ensure adequate bench strength in all areas.
- Works with lead installers to ensure actual hours do not exceed estimated hours.
- Helps maintain on site equipment (panel carts, dollies, file carts).
- Determines chargeable situations and completes work orders and billing as required.
- Works with the install, delivery and warehouse teams to reduce damages.
The Supervisor shall ensure that RGO’s image as professionals is maintained, specifically:
- vehicles kept clean
- employees must all wear uniforms
- conduct must be professional
Educational, Skills and Background requirements:
- Must have a minimum of 3 years of experience leading a team in a company related to operations, warehousing, facilities or construction.
- Experience in office furniture installations is an asset.
- Must have experience in coaching and mentoring other employees to ensure that corporate goals are met.
- Experience in following and implementing a disciplinary process is essential.
- Proficient using a computer and experienced with Microsoft Office programs.
- Strong problem solving and resolution abilities.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to connect and work with new staff quickly and effectively.
At RGO we believe our employees are the key to our success. If you are a high energy, organized individual that takes pride in your work and will always strive to exceed our customer’s expectations, we want you!
RGO offers a positive work environment, supporting our employees through:
- Open communication and the sharing of ideas.
- Continuous learning opportunities.
- Dynamic, collaborative work processes.
- Fair, consistent and inclusive employment practices.
- COR Certified Health and Safety Programs.
- Competitive compensation packages that include comprehensive, flexible benefits and performance based incentives.
If you would be interested in this position, please submit your resume to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org We appreciate the interest of all applicants, and those selected for an interview will be contacted.