RGO Office Product Edmonton Ltd. is seeking a Project Administrator for our Operations department reporting to the Vice President of Operations.
The purpose of this role is to assist, coordinate, and participate in the efforts of RGO sales, design, and operations staff to deliver successful and profitable installation, recon or service to our customers. The Project Administrator develops work plans, schedules, and logistics, based on overall project parameters, project schedule and scope, and customer’s goals.
- Assist Project Coordinator’s, sales, design staff and customers with project estimating and quoting labour or remote charges, and review drawings and specs relative to quotes as required. Review all aspects of the quote as required including design and plan accuracy, product specification, delivery and installation schedule, cost estimates, subcontract requirements and site condition and verification.
- Conduct site visits as required and communicate any issues back to the PC and Installation Manager regarding work progress, housekeeping, safety and staff conduct.
- Review plans along with the Project Coordinator’s, estimating required manpower and identify any special needs.
- Support the Project Coordinators, as required by answering customer, general contractor, or customer representative’s questions.
- Coordinate the delivery and pick up of the Demo/Rental furniture with Sales Reps and customers.
- Close demo stock delivery orders and create pick up order tickets.
- Document monthly demo report and invoice Sales department.
- Review and print Delivery Tickets and prepare next day truck folders.
- Close delivery tickets for all small deliveries.
- Prepare all documents for next day projects and deliveries for Installers and Warehouse staff.
- Contact and obtain PO’s for subcontractors.
- Contact customers prior to product delivery for confirmation.
- Assist Project Coordinator’s with administrative tasks such as booking out of town accommodations for project crews, filling out installer per diem forms, filling out journey management forms, responding to customer emails and calls on behalf of Project Coordinator’s, confirming delivery schedule with customers, and other assorted tasks.
- Administrative duties, as required including filing, scanning, etc.
- Budget to actual reporting on a monthly basis.
Other Department requirements
- Participates in the morning, weekly, and monthly Operations Department meetings.
- Support for Service Coordinator, as required, including entering Service Tech calls in the Scheduler, responding to calls from customers for service requests, opening and closing service orders, entering Steelcase lasers and contacting manufacturers for service parts.
- Support for PIA/Deficiencies process.
- Additional tasks, as required.
- Minimum High School Diploma
- Courses in Project Management an asset
- 1-3 years of related experience required.
- Practical skills and experience as related to construction projects are required
- Experience in managing projects is essential as a part of work, school or volunteer work
- Requires a positive optimistic approach
- Self-motivated and action oriented
- Able to overcome obstacles and complete tasks
- Capacity to learn new information and skills
- Exceptional organizational skills and the ability to manage to and achieve pre-determined timelines
- Excellent communications skills to work with colleagues, contractors and customers
- Customer service focus is essential
- Exceptional technical skills are required
- Thorough knowledge of and skill in computer applications, in particular MS Office
- Familiar with lines of furniture that RGO distributes is an asset
Work is conducted over many environments including indoor office sitting at the computer, warehouse, and driving to and working at client sites, some of which may be under construction.
Our People: Our people are our most valuable asset. At RGO we drive a high-performance culture through open communication and the sharing of ideas, continuous learning and development opportunities, awards and recognition programs, and dynamic, collaborative work processes.
Our Values: At our core we strive to incorporate our values into everything that we do. We stand by our core values, and they drive our big business decisions and corporate culture. Staying true to our values has enabled RGO to be Great Place to Work certified and win Canada’s Best Managed Companies award since 2006.
Our Employee Experience: Providing an amazing customer experience is at the heart of what we do. We believe in order to execute on an amazing customer experience the formula for success is to first deliver a great employee experience. RGO invests in the employee experience through an active social committee that organizes fun events for RGO team members and their families throughout the year, fitness subsidy, education reimbursement program, RRSP matching, RGO Wellness program, comprehensive benefit program, and supporting employees and their families through RGO’s EFAP.
Our Safety Culture: Safely go, the RGO way, it’s not just our safety slogan, its ingrained in our culture. As a COR certified company, we strive to maintain an industry leading safety program that protects our employees, other parties where our operations are carried out and the general public from harm, and promotes the physical, psychological and social well-being of our staff.
If you are seeking an exciting challenge and meet or exceed our qualification requirements, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants and qualified candidates will be contacted.